- “Booking Form” means the form relating to the booking or re-booking of the Participant for a Term as set out at the booking stage of the website
- “Carer” means the person who attends the class with the Participant and is responsible for their welfare
- “Class” means a Salt Box Music class described on the Booking Form
- “Music Teacher” means the individual engaged by Salt Box Music Co. to teach Classes. Whilst every effort will be taken to maintain the consistency of the music teacher during the Term Salt Box Music Co. retains the right to change the teaching staff where necessary
- “Price” means the value chargeable to attend a class for a Term, or part-term, as specified on the Booking Form
- “Parent” means a parent or legal guardian of the Participant who will be responsible for the payment of the classes and who is the contracting party to this contract and who shall (if the Carer is not the Parent) be responsible for compliance with these Terms & Conditions by the Carer
- “Participant” means the child who is attending or who is booked on to a Salt Box Music Co. Class who details are specified by the Parent or Carer on the Booking Form
- “Venue” means the premises where the Class takes place
- “Salt Box Music Co” means the company or person with whom you have entered into this contract in respect of the provision of classes.
- “Term” means the agreed dates on the Booking Form and as described under “classes” on the Website
- “Terms & Conditions” means the terms and conditions set out in this document and any special terms and conditions agreed in writing by Salt Box Music Co. and the Parent
- “Website” means the website at www.saltboxmusic.co.uk
- All agreements and issues relating to the teaching of the Classes by Salt Box Music Co. to the Participant and the on-going communication with Music teachers, back office staff and Salt Box Music Co head office are subject to the Terms & Conditions to the exclusion of all others.
- No variation or addition to the Terms & Conditions shall be binding unless agreed in writing by Salt Box Music Co. and the Parent.
- These Terms & Conditions shall be deemed to be accepted by the Parent and the Carer once the box is ticked on the Booking Form and confirmation of payment of Fees has been received by Salt Box Music Co.
- Salt Box Music Co. may cancel this contract at any time before the Participant commences a Term, for any reason whatsoever. Salt Box Music Co. shall not be responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever arising from such cancellation but will refund Fees paid for the remaining Classes in the Term.
- By agreeing to these Terms & Conditions the Parent and/or Carer agrees not to share any aspects of Salt Box Music Co. programme with a third party who may be involved in a business that operates in the same market as Salt Box Music Co. The Parent and/or Carer will not be involved directly or indirectly with such a company.
- The Parent and/or Carer will not take, replicate or use any Salt Box Music Co. material directly or indirectly for his/her own use or for use by any third party with the exception of strictly personal use of those materials given expressly for this purpose.
- The Parent and/or Carer agree not to directly or indirectly be involved or interested in any business which competes with Salt Box Music Co. while the participant is a pupil of Salt Box Music Co. and for a period of one year thereafter.
4. Parent/Carer Obligation
- The Parent warrants that the information provided on the Booking Form is accurate and up to date in all respects at the point of booking. Any changes will be sent by the Parent and/or Carer to Salt Box Music Co. immediately.
- It is the Parent and/or Carer’s responsibility to inform Salt Box Music Co. of any special medical conditions at the point of booking. This includes behavioural disorders.
- The Participant and/or Parent and/or Carer must not attend any Class whilst suffering from any serious illness or contagious disease or anything similar thereto.
- During all Classes the Parent and/or Carer agrees and accepts the sole responsibility, general conduct and care for the Participant during the Class and whilst on the Premises.
- Salt Box Music Co. does not allow the Parent and/or Carer to leave the Participant for any amount of time before, during or after a Class.
- Salt Box Music Co. shall have the sole right to exclude the Participant and/or Parent and/or Carer either permanently or for such period as Salt Box Music Co. shall (in its entire discretion) determine if deemed necessary for the safety and well-being of other participants or parents or carers.
5. Limitation of liability
- The Parent and/or Carer agrees that any claim made against Salt Box Music Co. will be made in writing within 30 days of the incident taking place and failure to report in writing within this time will negate any such claim.
- The maximum aggregate liability for Salt Box Music Co. to the Participant, Parent and/or Carer will not exceed the Fees.
- Neither Salt Box Music Co. nor any Music Teacher, nor any employee, agent or other representative accepts responsibility in respect of loss, damage or expense incurred by a Participant, Parent and/or Carer arising directly or indirectly or in any way connected with the attendance of the Participant, Parent and/or Carer at Classes (or any Class) or any other act or omission on the part of Salt Box Music Co., its Music Teachers, employees, agents and/or representatives.
- All warranties and conditions whether implied by statute or otherwise are excluded from this contract provided that nothing in this contract shall restrict or exclude liability for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of Salt Box Music Co, it Music Teachers, employees, agents and/or representatives or affects the statutory rights of the parent or Participant.
- The Parent and/or Carer agrees that any product purchased from the Salt Box Music Co. merchandise store is to be used at their own risk. Salt Box Music Co. will not accept responsibility for any personal injury which may occur due to improper use. As a consequence, Salt Box Music Co. recommends that all equipment is used under the supervision of a Parent/Carer.
6. Fees & Payment
- The Parent shall pay the Fees for the Term to Salt Box Music Co. prior to the Participant commencing a Term.
- The Fees are not refundable in any circumstances whatsoever other than with the written consent of Salt Box Music Co.
- By agreeing to these terms and conditions the Parent consents that the data provided (non-financial) can be shared within Salt Box Music Co.
- The Parent shall indemnify and keep indemnified Salt Box Music Co. against all loss (including loss of profit), liability, cost and expenses which Salt Box Music Co. may incur directly or indirectly as a consequence of any action or inaction of the Parent, Carer and/or Participant.
- Any notices to be sent by either party to the other shall be sent by pre-paid recorded delivery or hand delivered to the address of the relevant party and shall be deemed to have been received by the addressee within 48 hours of posting or immediately if hand delivered.
- The failure by either party to enforce at any time or for any period any one or more of the obligations arising under this contract shall not be a waiver of them or of the right at any time subsequently to enforce any or all of such obligations.
- These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between the parties hereto and supersedes prior agreements and understandings between the parties.
- This contract shall be governed by the laws of England and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.